NHS England is undertaking a review of high secure services for women. This takes place every five years and helps plan and improve services for the future. The review wanted to hear about the experiences of women’s high secure services from the Patients. This Feedback will be included in the report. At the end the review NHS England will feedback the findings and how the Patients views have informed any recommendations.
These are the Questions asked
- In what ways were you informed and prepared for your admission to Rampton? (communication and information)
- What was your experience and welcome like when you arrived at Rampton?
- What do you think about your surroundings, facilities and the environment at Rampton?
- What therapies and activities are available to you to be involved in? Is there anything that you would like to be offered that is not available?
- Are you able and supported to keep in touch with your family and friends? How do you do this?
- Do you know what you need to do to move on from Rampton?
- Do you have a care coordinator? Are you in regular contact with the mental health services from your home area?
- What are the positives of the care and support you receive at Rampton?
- What part of your care and day to day experience would you like to see improved?
- What has been your overall experience of living within Rampton?
Is there anything else you would like to tell us about your experience at Rampton?
This is the Feedback from Sue, one of the Experts by Experience who is working on this for NHS England
I just wanted to say a huge thank you to you all for helping myself and my colleagues gather information from the women at Rampton a couple of weeks ago.
I wanted in particular to say a thank you to Kath Alder for helping to facilitate the interviews.
The women were so responsive to us, and I do believe that it was due to the fact that they felt comfortable to share their thoughts and concerns in front of Kath without fear of retribution or affect on their care and treatment.
I thought that you might like to know that including the interviews that you kindly did for us, we managed to interview 28 ladies which is amazing.
Thank you very much once again.
All the best
Kath could I just say a very very big thank you to you for all you do supporting Patients Directly and also going the very big extra Mile sending the information over to us in the Involvement Team to post on our Blog site and celebrate all the 1st class work you do for the Womens service at Rampton.
Involvement and experience Lead Forensic services
2 thoughts on “NHS England is undertaking a review of high secure services for women to help improve services for the future”
Thank you so much Kath for ensuring our patients were supported to give their open and honest feedback as part of this review. 28 patients is a phenomenal achievement and this level of engagement would not have been possible without you. You really do go above and beyond and your efforts are very much appreciated by of all of us.
this is a really important piece of work so great to hear that so many of our service users have been involved and we will be able to see that in the outcome, thanks to everyone supporting this, regards