To assist staff with cultivating/maintaining of Nottinghamshire Healthcare NHS Foundation Trust’s green areas both outdoors and under glass. These green areas serve many purposes for the trust, our staff, patients and volunteers. They can be used to grow good, nutritious food to be used in the hospital kitchens. They are also used to offer a calming, therapeutic environment for the service users and somewhere off unit where they can sit and relax. This role may also involve motivating and enabling patients to become involved in tasks.
- Community CAMHS West, 3-5 Lindsay Close, Mansfield, Nottinghamshire, NG18 5TF
- Minimum 1 hour per week dependent on site
- Helping maintain the garden, including sowing seeds, planting, weeding, and watering.
- Helping to develop new areas of the garden e.g., sensory, wildlife, vegetable areas.
- Chatting to service users and visitors who may visit the garden.
- Helping to create a therapeutic outdoor space for service users and visitors.
- To report any health and safety issues/maintenance issues to staff.
Desired skills and experience:
- This volunteer role would be ideally suited to people who are over the age of 21.
- Experience of volunteering/working with individuals who have mental health conditions.
- Have an interest in gardening and horticulture
- Be willing to work outside in all weathers
- Be able to use tools, including power tools
- Be physically fit for digging, lifting, carrying, etc.
- To have an eye for design and colour
- Be able to work flexibly, according to seasons and weather
- Can work on our own or within a team
- Good communication skills
- Diplomatic and sensitive
- Emotionally mature
- Reliable & trustworthy
What Nottinghamshire Healthcare offers volunteers:
All volunteers in Nottinghamshire Healthcare are supported by a dedicated team of staff and each volunteer will have a named person within the Volunteering Team as their point of contact. If volunteers are within services, they will also have a named staff member within the service itself. We offer provide regular supervisions with each volunteer to help review their support, their training and their voluntary role. We offer reimbursement of out of pocket expenses, as detailed in expenses policy. References can also be provided after six months of volunteering
Training & Development
We offer support in completing the National Volunteer Certificate and offer further development and training opportunities that are available.
You will also receive an induction to Nottinghamshire Healthcare NHS Foundation Trust as well as a local induction to the service/placement location.
We’re proud of our community of volunteers that we support throughout Nottinghamshire Healthcare. They are integrated into staff teams and within our services with patients and carers. Our Involvement Centres act as hubs for their work, training and events. We also offer an online NottsHC Volunteer Hub to further support and nurture our community of volunteers.
How to Apply
New Volunteer Applicants:
All new volunteer applicants for this role must complete and return a Registration Form. Completed forms can be emailed back to the Volunteering Team Volunteering@NottsHC.nhs.uk or sent via post to the DMH Involvement Centre, Duncan MacMillan House, Porchester Road, Mapperley, Nottingham, NG3 6AA
- Volunteer Registration Form (PDF Form) (opens in new window)
- Volunteer Registration Form (Printable) (opens in new window)
This post is subject to the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act (Exceptions Order) 1975 and as such it will be necessary for a submission for Disclosure to be made to the Disclosure and Barring Service (formerly known as CRB) to check for any previous criminal convictions. If successfully shortlisted for this role, you will be sent an invite to interview and links to complete an online DBS check, links to online training which must be completed before the role starts. If you had any questions about the role, the application process or about volunteering with us, get in touch and we’d be happy to help.
Current Nottinghamshire Healthcare Volunteers:
If you already volunteer with us, please complete the Expression of Interest Form and return to the Volunteering Team. Completed forms can be emailed back to the Volunteering Team – Volunteering@NottsHC.nhs.uk
- Expression of Interest Form (PDF Form) (opens in new window)
- Expression of Interest Form (Word document) (opens in new window)
Closing date for applications: Ongoing
Interview date: To be arranged upon application, in person or via MS Teams.